6 Tips for Designing Your New Bathroom
If you are planning a bathroom remodel, you will want to determine the design for your new room. Before you begin remodeling however, there are a few things that you will want to keep in mind.
- Before you start picking out wallpaper and choosing tile, you should carefully consider your plumbing. Make sure that the plumbing is functional and that there are no water leaks or pipes that need to be replaced.
- Choose tiling that will complement your newly designed room but also be functional. Non-slip tiles are often best for bathrooms and under-tile heating is an excellent idea to keep your feet warm as you enter and exit the shower during the colder months.
- Choosing your sink and vanity comes next. You should ensure that you select a sink that will serve its purpose but one that lends to your new design as well. There are a multitude of colors and styles available today. Take some time to browse our local home improvement store or look online for ideas on what your new sink should look like.
- You will want to choose a bathtub or shower that matches your sink and toilet. You should also be sure that you measure properly to ensure that you have room for the model that you want. Many choose to have separate tubs and showers and if you have the room, this is an excellent idea.
- Choose your bathroom lighting very carefully. Lighting around the mirror will give you adequate light for applying makeup. If you want natural lighting, consider large windows or a skylight over the tub.
- Finally, when choosing the remainder of your bathroom furnishings, choose pieces that you need only. Remodeling your bathroom can be exciting but one way to kill that excitement is to find that you have added too many pieces of furniture. Make sure that your colors and designs match well to give yourself a beautiful retreat.
This article was written by Best Bathrooms, the UKs leading supplier of modern vanity units for bathrooms. Visit us at www.bestbathrooms.com.