6 Bedroom Design Ideas
A bedroom is the last room we spend time in at night and the first one we spend time in in the morning, so it only makes sense that you’d want your Bedroom Design to evoke calmness, relaxation and serenity, as a way to end your day – as well as enabling you to start tomorrow feeling fresh, invigorated and ready to take on what whatever comes your way.
Although the main function of your bedroom is to rest your head and get some zzzz’s – with a deliberate Bedroom design it can also serve as your own personal sanctuary – your own little corner of the world where you can escape and retreat from outside elements, stress and worries. A space that is truly designed and tailored to your own individual comforts and whims.
Designing Tips for the Bedroom
- Create a Focal Point: Although you may think the focus should be on the bed, that doesn’t always have to be the case. If you are fortunate enough to have a fireplace, built in bookshelves, or even a large window, those will work nicely as well. You could even choose to make one of the walls the focal point by painting it a stronger color than the rest of the room or applying another treatment such as wallpaper.
- Choose Comfortable Furniture: Your bed is your greatest asset in this room – choose wisely. Keep the bed size to scale in your room so as to allow clear isles to avoid tripping in the middle of the night. Freeing up space will also allow you to bring in a comfortable easy chair or bench, which when positioned correctly, can become your own private retreat within itself.
- Lighting Options: It’s very important to consider a Lighting Design that will be multi-functional. A Bedroom Design evokes many different moods and your lighting will need to play along. No matter the choice of fixtures, be it lamps, sconces, or an overhead chandelier – using a dimmer switch will create an additional function and provide the ambiance you may be needing.
- Your Design Style: Which style of decorating you choose should depend on how you’ve designed the rest of your home. Any style of design will transition into your bedroom nicely. In some cases you may wish to tone down the color to allow a more restful, romantic room, but then again, you may wish to use bold, empowering colors that will breathe life into your morning.
- Attend to Privacy: Window Treatments deserve much consideration depending on their height and placement. A combination of window coverings may work best in order to take advantage of letting in daylight and air flow, while also being able to provide sanctuary from the outside world.
- Accessories: More than having just “stuff” for accessories, you should give some thought to how the “stuff” makes you feel. Go with items that have sentimental, comforting feelings; your wedding photo, souvenirs from special places, treasures that are close to your heart. Bring more ambiance into the room with candles, mirrors, and live flowers or plants.
No Rules Allowed
There are no rules when it comes to a Bedroom Design – it should reflect your own personal style and comfort level. Consider hiring a professional Bedroom Designer to help you achieve a truly functional, restful bedroom that will be a reflection of your own individual personality. An Interior Designer takes all the guesswork out of making dreams come true.
For more information on contacting an Interior Designer in your area, please visit our Interior Designer Directory. All of our listed design firms are highly qualified and able to assist you with any room in your home, office or business.
If you need a little inspiration, you can get started by viewing our Interior Design Ideas and Photo’s page which is loaded with beautiful and inspirational ideas for any design style.