Engaging Your Interior Design Fans on Facebook
With so many new technological ways to promote and market your business, the Design Industry is finding it easier than ever to take their businesses to the next level simply by leveraging social media such as Facebook.
The Benefits of Advertising Your Designing Business on Facebook are numerous, however; when doing so, you should keep in mind that even though it’s very important to make sure your potential fans find you, it’s equally important to keep them engaged, informed and connected so that they’ll have incentive to not only return, but bring their friends along as well.
The Comfort Zone
When a viewer feels “comfortable” on your Facebook page they will feel less intimidated about commenting or participating in a discussion – and that’s just the sort of engagement that is beneficial for both you and the client. However, the flip side is that if your viewer doesn’t feel welcomed and relaxed, or doesn’t understand the message you are trying to convey, then they are just as likely to leave your page behind and find another that is more appealing.
So – how can you help your viewers feel more comfortable so that they’ll want to become part of your fan base and interact with your business? Give them a reason to be engaged.
How to Keep Your Audience Engaged
- Reply. If someone takes the time to comment on a post, or ask a question, replying as quickly as possible will only serve to boost your professionalism, as well as “humanizing” the person behind the company. If you post an appropriate response, or address their questions in a timely fashion, then they will be much more likely to stick around and contribute to other discussions on a regular basis. By not engaging them in a discussion, you risk losing them as participants, as well as a viewer.
- Keep It Simple. No one likes to feel inadequate or intimidated – by posting discussions that are easy to understand and not overly stated – discussions that are relevant to your clients and/or fan base, you’ll have a higher success rate of your viewers commenting and contributing to your page. Keeping the conversation simple will ensure that experts and laymen alike will feel comfortable with engaging in the topic at hand.
- Be Kind. Obviously! However, being kind is just the starting point … allow yourself to go overboard once in a while and commend a particular poster by thanking them for their opinions, their questions, their thoughts. What does that mean for you? Your viewer will not only return and continue interacting with you, but they will tell everyone they know about the wonderful company that truly values their thoughts and comments.
- Ask Questions. When you are ready to rev up discussions or gain added participation, it can be as easy as asking questions! By asking your viewers for their opinions on everything from the Interior Design Style they like best – to what elements are a must have in a Closet Design makeover – not only gives them a reason to be engaged, but it allows you to gather important data on what your clients are looking for, and how you might better serve their needs.
- Post Often. Stay front and center by updating your Facebook page on a regular basis. The more you post, the more you are in your fan’s line of vision – which will generate traffic and increase interaction within your page. Try creating a consistent schedule that involves posting different “types” of content every other day or so. For instance, on Monday’s you might offer a Designing Tip, on Wednesdays you might bring up industry news relevant to your consumers, on Fridays you post a poll or a question that will cause your viewers to participate. Creating a schedule will keep your postings on track and your business front and center on your fan’s profile pages.
- It’s Not Just About the Wall. Don’t forget to utilize the miscellaneous apps that are integrated into Facebook. Creating “notes” for long commentaries or introductions work nicely, as well as using the “events” and “discussion” board. The more content you provide for your viewers, the more reasons they’ll have to participate. Keep it fresh and your fans will respond in kind.
Engage Your Fans Consistently
Paying particular attention to engaging your customers is just one of many Facebook Strategies for your Interior Design business, but like any marketing plan it should be used with consistency and forethought. By keeping your content fresh and engaging, you will be well on your way to increasing your fan base … and your business.
For more information on using Facebook to promote your Interior Design Business, please visit us online at InteriorDesignPro.org.