So, you’ve just purchased a brand new Dutch oven. It arrives and you pack it up and head out to your favorite campsite. However, you feel like something is missing. You’re not sure what, but something is definitely lacking. What’s absent you ask? Well, you need some Dutch Oven Accessories and you need them right away.
One of the many pleasures of outdoor living is the great food. Food that we normally would not enjoy on a regular basis. On top of that, camping, hiking, and even cross-country RV trips bring us closer to the ones we love.
So why wouldn’t we want to enhance these experiences to the fullest? In this article, we will be taking a look at the top 16 Dutch Oven Accessories for outdoor use. While not a comprehensive list, these products are definite must have’s. If you would like a more brief list, you can go to our article on Dutch Oven Equipment, for more information.
It should also be noted, that this list is not in any particular order. Furthermore, safety precautions should always be followed when around open flames. This goes for any other heat sources when cooking as well, so please be safe out there. With that said, let’s get started with our first suggested product, shall we?
16 Dutch Oven Accessories You Need Right Away:
Dutch Oven Gloves
One of the things to expect when preparing meals, especially outdoors, is being exposed to high cooking temperatures. Whether it’s charcoal briquettes or just a plain old wood campfire, open flame cooking can be both exciting and dangerous.
Of course, you already knew this. If you play with fire you’ll get burned. However, with a sturdy pair of gloves, you can avoid most common cooking injuries. This is where our top choice for Dutch oven glove comes in.
With a pair of NoCry Heavy Duty BBQ Gloves, the days of scalded hands will be a thing of the past. With that said, let’s take a look at this product’s great key features followed by the pros and cons.
- Made from flame resistant treated split natural cowhide leather
- Heavy-duty protection for hands your forearms
- Reinforced double layered leather palms
- These gloves meet EN-420, EN-388, and EN-12477 safety standards
- Fits both men and women
- Equivalent to a men’s large glove size
NoCry Heavy Duty BBQ Gloves Review:
If you are looking for a great pair of safety gloves then look no further. The NoCry heavy duty BBQ gloves are made from flame resistant cowhide leather. They offer superior protection for your forearms and hands.
Furthermore, the palms are reinforced with a double layer of leather. Which makes for a durable feel with extra heat protection. On top of that, they meet EN-420, EN-388, and EN-12477 safety certifications.
Finally, these NoCry BBQ gloves are manufactured to fit both men and women. So they should fit most people’s hands within an average size range. However, they are equivalent to a men’s large glove in size.
With that said, these gloves are a must buy if you are tired of getting burned by your Dutch oven. They offer quality, durability, and most importantly, safety. With that said, we will now take a look at this product’s pros and cons.
- Made from high-quality cowhide
- Double layered leather palm construction
- Certified with industry standard safety guidelines
- Fits both women and men
- Gloves might be too small for larger hands
- These gloves may be too large for smaller hands
- A small percentage of customers have reported receiving faulty products that let heat into the gloves
In conclusion, the NoCry BBQ safety gloves will make your next camping trip a safer, more enjoyable experience. They offer durability, quality, and safety. Make sure you next outdoor gathering includes a pair of these great BBQ safety gloves.
Dutch Oven Lid Lifter
Gloves can work wonders when having to carry around a scorching hot 20 pound Dutch oven. However, when you need a little more dexterity to grab lid handles, bulky gloves can become a hindrance. This is where the trusty lid lifter becomes essential.
One great product is the Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Lid Lifter. If you have a Lodge Dutch oven, you need this product. This little gem will definitely make camping life a lot easier. So, without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the features that make this product a must buy.
- The ‘T’ bar design allows for extra leverage when lifting lids and Dutch ovens
- Lifts hot lids of coals and helps move Dutch ovens from fire
- Constructed of 9 mm bar stock
- Coated with a high-temperature black finish
- Designed with a heat diffusing spiral handle
- Will fit all Lodge Dutch ovens
- Product measures 15 inches long x 4.5 inches wide at the end
Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Lid Lifter Reviews:
The Lodge camp Dutch oven lid lifter is an essential tool when cooking over a blazing hot campfire. The “T” bar design creates leverage when lifting the lid or moving a Dutch oven between a campfire and a Dutch oven table.
Furthermore, it is constructed from heavy duty steel that is coated with a high-temperature black finish. The overall length of this tool is 15 inches with a base width of 4.5 inches making it easier on your back when lifting heavy lids and pots. Finally, it is constructed with 9 mm bar stock for extra durability and strength.
In conclusion, the Lodge lid lifter will add a considerable amount of value to your existing Dutch oven. Not only is it safer than using your bare hands, but it also a lot more convenient. What we will do now, is look at some benefits and issues of this product and how it can enrich your camping experience.
- Allows for safe removal and transport of Dutch oven and lid
- This tool will make it easier on your back and arms
- Made of high-quality steel, coated with a heat resistant finish
- This lifter tool will allow you to lift Dutch oven lids even with hot coals on top
- Unlike lodge’s cast iron pans, this product is made in China, which could be an issue for some customers
- Some customers were confused at how exactly to use this item, it seems that very little instructions were given
The benefits of using a lid lifter for your next outdoor adventure will become apparent after its first use. Furthermore, you will be doing your back a huge favor by using the Lodge Dutch oven lid lifter. This product is a definite must-have tool for anyone who wants to enhance their outdoor experiences.
Sale Price:$11.521 , Was:
Dutch Oven Tripod Stand
One of the most convenient Dutch oven accessories you can purchase is a cooking tripod stand. This handy little tool will suspend your Dutch oven over a campfire.
Furthermore, it will allow for more even heating of your pot which is always a good thing. Finally, it raises your Dutch oven at a more comfortable level so you won’t have to squat down.
All of these benefits can be attained with the Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Tripod. And in this review, we will explain why this is a top-rated product. So, let’s start with some key features followed by some pros and cons.
- Tripod stand legs measure 43.5 inches in length
- Chain measures 24 inches in length
- All-steel construction with a high-temperature black coating
- The adjustable chain used for hanging Dutch ovens over a campfire
Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Tripod Review:
The Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Tripod will complement any hiking or camping trip. For one, it will allow for easy access to your Dutch oven. For instance, this product will ease the strain on your back. Which will be a welcome benefit for people of all ages.
One of the reasons that this product will be easy on your back, is the height of its legs. They measure 43.5 inches in length. Furthermore, the chain that will hold your Dutch oven measures 24 inches in length.
Th second great benefit of this product is that it will keep your meals up off the ground and farther away from the open flame. This, in turn, makes for better temperature control and prevents hot spot flare-ups.
The third benefit of this item is its sturdy All-steel construction. Which in turn, is coated with a high-temperature black finish to prevent rust and corrosion. Furthermore, the chain is adjustable, allowing for more control of distance from the heat source.
In conclusion, the Lodge Camp Dutch Oven Tripod offers a real solution to a real problem. It’s great if you want easier access to your Dutch oven. Not to mention, better temperature control for meal preparation. If you have a Lodge Dutch oven, you’ll want to give this item a try. With that said, we will now move on to the product pros and cons.
- This product allows for easier access to your Dutch oven
- Allows for better temperature control and prevents hot spot flare-ups
- Dutch oven stand is coated with a high-temperature black finish which prevents rust and corrosion
- Some customers reported that this item was too short
- A few customers complained of product failure from bending
- A small percentage of purchasers did not receive chains with their stand
A Dutch oven stand will not only make your outdoor cooking life easier but also more enjoyable. Furthermore, it is designed with the outdoors in mind, with its rust prevention coating and all steel construction.
However, there are reported issues. And while these issues are just a very small part of the overall reviews, they should be noted nonetheless. Ultimately, you’ll need to decide for yourself. Weighing the pros and cons along with the price.
In conclusion, while I would recommend this product because of its benefits as well as its ease of use. You will need to do your own due diligence and decide if this Dutch oven tripod stand is right for your next outdoor excursion.
Sale Price:$31.731 , Was:
Dutch Oven Lid Stand
There’s nothing worse than a Dutch oven lid that falls on the ground food side down. Okay, there are a lot of things that are worse. However, it’s still really inconvenient. Who wants to constantly clean off their Dutch oven lid?
That’s why you need a lid stand for your next outdoor excursion. And our top pick is the Lodge Original Finish Camp Dutch Oven Lid Stand. And if you own a Lodge Dutch oven, you’ll want to check this item out.
- Lid Stand is made of heavy-duty steel with a high-temperature coating
- Serves as a handy stand for Dutch oven lids
- 4 integrated steel legs designed to sit in hot coals
- Dual purpose as a trivet to braise and sear meats
- Folds into itself for easy storage
- Measures 9 inches by 2-3/4 inches in size
Lodge Original Finish Camp Dutch Oven Lid Stand Review:
As you’ve probably experienced, having your Dutch oven lid continuously fall to the ground is a real pain. This product aims to solve this issue. And you know what, it works really well. For one, it’s made of heavy-duty steel coated with a high-temperature finish.
Of similar importance, is the 4 built-in steel legs that sit atop the hot coals of a campfire. Furthermore, this lid stand will double as a meat trivet for searing and braising. Better yet, this product folds into a compact footprint for easy storage.
Finally, we come to the size of this item. The Lodge Dutch Oven Lid Stand measures 9 inches by 2-3/4 inches and is very compact. As you can see, this product offers a great solution for your lid issues. And while it is a little expensive for its size, it still is a very practical item.
With that said, we will now move on to the pros and cons of this product. Including sharing actual customer issues as well as what they liked about it. Concluding with our verdict on whether the Lodge Lid stand is deserving of all of its praise.
- Constructed of heavy-duty steel with a heat-resistant coating
- Product doubles as a trivet to braise and sear meats
- Folds up for a small footprint
- Keeps your lid from falling on the ground
- Some customers complained that this product was wobbly and unstable
- One purchaser reported that the bolts that hold this item together snapped in two
- Some customers were unhappy with the fact that this item is made in China
After considering this items features, benefits, and downsides, we have come to a conclusion. It is our opinion that this item will make your life a lot easier. It won’t be life changing, however, with the specific issue of keeping your lid clean, you really can’t go wrong.
If you are interested in this item, it can be found at Amazon.com. You’ll be doing yourself a favor, so go ahead and check it out today.
Sale Price:Check on Amazon
Cast Iron Soap
One of the issues with cooking with cast iron is the cleanup. Though it can be easier than using other material types, there are some problems. For instance, washing your cast iron in dish soap can strip the essential oils from the surface.
Furthermore, simply washing your cast iron Dutch oven in hot water won’t always get your pan clean. And while the oils from food can add to your seasoning, these oils can eventually build-up and become sticky. Not to mention, these oils can add an off taste to your food over time.
This is where a high quality cast iron soap comes into play. And our top pick is Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Soap. With this product, you will be able to thoroughly clean your Dutch oven, while leaving the original seasoning intact.
With that said, let’s take a look at this products key features. Then, we’ll list all of its pros and cons. followed by our final verdict on whether this item is worth your time. So, without further ado, let’s get started with some key features.
- This cast iron soap is 100% natural and contains NO Parabens, Phosphates, or synthetic foaming agents
- Formulated to gently clean cast iron cookware while preserving the seasoned cooking surface
- Lightly scented with pure essential oils to eliminate food odor
- The scent will not transfer onto food
- For best results, use after each meal to restore and protect seasoning
- A safe and healthy alternative to synthetic detergents
Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Soap Review:
Caron & Doucet cast iron soap is 100% natural. Your mind will be at ease because this soap does not contain Parabens, Phosphates, or synthetic foaming agents. What’s more, is the fact that it’s gentle on cast iron seasoning. All the while, being tough on grease and stuck on food.
Furthermore, it’s lightly scented with pure essential oils to eliminate food odor. Best of all, its scent will not attach itself to your food. Simply place a small amount in the pan after each meal to protect the seasoning.
In conclusion, Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Soap is a healthy and safe alternative to processed artificial detergents. And much better for your Dutch oven’s seasoning than regular dish soap. Furthermore, it offers a way to truly clean your cast iron cookware without sacrificing your cooking surface.
- The product is 100% natural
- Contains NO Parabens, Phosphates, or synthetic foaming agents of any kind
- Gentle on cast iron seasoning while being tough on grease and food particles
- The scent will not transfer onto food
- While this product is gentle on cast iron, some customers felt that this soap may not be strong enough for heavily soiled pans
After carefully considering all of this product’s features. As well as its pros and cons, we feel comfortable with our final decision. In our opinion, Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Soap is a definite must buy. What’s more, is that this product fills a definite need and solves a very real problem.
If you’ve been searching for a product that will get your cast iron Dutch oven clean, then look no further. This item is a top seller for a reason and should not be overlooked. If you are interested, you can find more information about this product at Amazon.com right now.
Cast Iron Oil / Conditioner
After cleaning your Dutch oven, you’ll want to re-season and conditioner its cooking surface. Moreover, it’s always advisable to re-season after each meal, in a freshly cleaned and dried pan. Furthermore, you’ll need to find a product that will not go rancid or need refrigeration.
Finally, there is no reason to re-season your Dutch oven if the oil creates a bad taste or smell. Which brings us to our recommended product, Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Oil & Conditioner. This product will solve all of your seasoning issues, as you’ll see with its features list down below.
- This cast iron oil is formulated with highly refined coconut oil
- Enhanced with food grade essential oils
- Will protect and prolong your cast iron Dutch oven
- Use regularly to build up the seasoning and prevent rusting
- Works with all cast iron cookware
- Unlike flaxseed, canola or palm oil, this cast iron oil will never go rancid and does not need to be refrigerated
- This cast iron conditioner will leave your cast iron cookware smelling clean yet neutral
- No need to use the oven to season, simply apply cast iron oil on a regular basis after cleaning and drying your Dutch oven
Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Oil & Conditioner Review:
One of the benefits of Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Oil & Conditioner is its formulation. Ingredients like refined coconut oil, as well as food grade essential oils.
Furthermore, unlike flaxseed, canola or palm oil, this cast iron oil will never go rancid or need refrigeration. All without leaving unwanted smells or taste.
What’s more, this product is specially designed to season, condition, prolong and protect all cast iron cookware. Simply apply after washing and drying after each meal, to build up the seasoning and prevent corrosion.
There isn’t even a need to place your cookware in the oven to season, simply apply oil by hand. Wipe away the excess oil and you’re finished. It’s that simple.
In conclusion, Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Oil & Conditioner is a must-have product. It’s perfect for anyone that cares about their cast iron cookware and its longevity. With that said, we will now look at some pros and cons of this cast iron oil followed by our verdict.
- Designed to increase longevity, prevent corrosion, and build up seasoning for cast iron cookware
- Made with refined coconut oil as well as with food grade essential oils
- No need to season cookware and oil in an oven
- Will not go rancid or need any refrigeration
- Some customers did not like the smell of this oil
- There were reports of the oil smoking
- A few customers felt that the amount of product they received (8 ounces) is not enough
While there are some issues with this product, overall, this item will make a great addition to any kitchen. It will offer great protection for all of your cast iron cookware and give you peace of mind. With that said, if you are interested, you can check out the Caron & Doucet Cast Iron Oil & Conditioner for yourself.
Disposable Foil Cooking Liners
Outdoor cooking can be incredibly enjoyable. Especially with a high-quality Dutch oven. One of the most convenient Dutch oven accessories you can buy is a disposable foil cooking liner. These handy little helpers will make clean-up a breeze.
Our pick is the CampLiner Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner. With this product, you’ll be able to spend more time with your friends and family. Furthermore, you can be sure that your pan seasoning will be protected and prolonged. With that said, let’s move on to some key features.
- These disposable Foil Liners come in a pack of 12
- This product is 12-inches in diameter, 3.5 inches deep, and holds 6 Quarts
- Will fit most 12-inch Dutch ovens, especially Lodge and Camp Chef types
- Strong enough to stir and lift your food out of your Dutch oven
- Protects your seasoning, no more burnt on food
- Prepare dinner and dessert in the same Dutch oven without cleaning in between meals
Campliner Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner Review:
One of the benefits of these foil liners is the fact that they are disposable and won’t need cleaning. Which will allow for better time spent with the ones you love. With this product, you will get 12 liners per pack, which should be more than enough for your next camping trip.
Furthermore, each foil liner measures 12 inches in diameter and holds a generous 6 Quarts of food. What’s more, is these liners will fit most 12 inch Dutch ovens, like Camp Chef and Lodge. Plus, they are rugged enough to stir in and to lift your meals out of your Dutch oven easily.
Finally, this item will protect your seasoning and cooking surface. Which means no more burnt on food. Furthermore, you can prepare dinner and dessert in the same Dutch oven without cleaning in between meals. Simply switch out each foil liner after each meal and continue cooking.
As you can see, the CampLiner Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner will make a great addition to any outdoor adventure. This is why it’s one of our top picks for Dutch oven accessories. With that said, we will now share some of this product’s pros and cons, as well as our final opinion.
- The large 12-inch diameter and 6-quart capacity
- Eliminates the need to wash and re-season your Dutch oven after every meal
- Strong enough to withstand vigorous stirring
- These foil liners will allow you to lift entire meals out of your Dutch oven
- Some customers reported that their foil liners arrived crumpled and with holes in them
- A small amount of purchaser’s reported that they only received 3 liners when they were supposed to receive 12
- At 3.5 inches deep, some customers felt that these foil liners were too shallow
With all of the great features that this product possesses, its no wonder its a top rated, top selling product. Furthermore, the time that you’ll save by using these liners will definitely be put to better use with family.
In conclusion, it’s our opinion that these foil liners will greatly enhance your next hiking or camping trip. With that said, if you are interested in the CampLiner Disposable Foil Dutch Oven Liner, you can find more information at Amazon.com.
Disposable Parchment Paper Liners
Parchment paper Dutch oven liners can make great alternatives to foil liners. However, they do offer very similar benefits. For one, parchment paper liners offer easy clean-up after outdoor meals.
Furthermore, the seasoning on your Dutch oven will also benefit from these liners. With that said, one of our top picks for Dutch oven accessories is the Lodge parchment paper Dutch oven liner. So, with that said, let’s kick this review off with some key product features.
- These liners will make cleaning up easy and fast
- This product will fit all Lodge Camp Dutch Ovens
- This parchment paper liner has a universal 20-inch diameter
- Compact size will pack effortlessly into your Dutch oven
- Includes 8 parchment liners and 2 Dutch oven recipes
- This product is 100 % biodegradable
- Proudly made in the United States
Lodge Parchment Paper Dutch Oven Liner Review:
Just like the foil liners that we reviewed above, these parchment paper liners will make clean-up a snap. What’s more, is that this product will fit all Lodge Dutch ovens for added convenience. So, you can be sure that you won’t have to search high and low to find the right size.
This is because these liners have a universal 20-inch diameter, so you know they’ll be large enough for any Dutch oven. However, they are still compact enough to fit effortlessly without having to cut or rip.
As for how many liners that come in a pack, you will get 8 parchment liners for your Dutch oven. What’s more, is you’ll also receive 2 Dutch oven recipes to get you started. Furthermore, these parchment paper Dutch oven liners are 100% biodegradable, so they are great for the environment.
Finally, these liners are proudly made in the United States. So you can be sure that safety and quality are a top priority. With that said, we will now look at what customers thought about these parchment liners.
- This product will make Dutch oven clean-up a breeze
- Will fit all Lodge Camp Dutch ovens as well as most Dutch ovens under 12 inches in diameter
- These parchment liners are 100% biodegradable
- Made in the USA
- There were some reports that after stirring some meals, the parchment paper liners ripped
- Some customers felt that these parchment liners were too expensive for only getting 8 in a pack
While we do feel that the Lodge parchment paper Dutch oven liner is a good product. We still would recommend the foil liners over the paper liners. This is because it seems that the paper liners do tend to rip and tear while stirring.
With that said, we felt it was important to offer a choice between foil and parchment liners. In the end, it will be up to you to decide which liner would be a better fit. Finally, it is also important to note that you get what you pay for, so just be aware.
Carrying Bag / Tote
One of the best Dutch oven accessories that will directly protect your Dutch oven, is a tote bag. Furthermore, you don’t want your Dutch oven to fall and get damaged. This could all have been avoided if you protected your Dutch oven with a protective carrying tote.
So, which protective tote bag do we recommend? Our choice is the Lodge Camp 12-Inch Dutch Oven Tote Bag. With this product, you will save money and heartache by keeping your Dutch oven safe and secure.
All the while, allowing for easy and secure transport to any location you desire. However, don’t just take our word for it. Simply take a glance at some of this products key features and decide for yourself
- Manufactured with a padded interior bottom
- Sports a heavy-duty self-healing zipper
- Made with polypropylene carry straps
- Sewn together with heavy-duty thread
- Will fit standard and deep Dutch ovens up to 12-inches in diameter
Lodge Camp 12-Inch Dutch Oven Tote Bag Review:
One of the most important factors of a Dutch oven tote bag is the interior. After all, this is where your favorite piece of cookware will reside, protected and secured. With that said, this tote bag is manufactured with a padded interior bottom.
However, we recommend placing a piece of plywood or plexiglass in the bottom of your tote bag. This is because, if your Dutch oven has legs on the bottom, they can eventually poke holes in your bag.
Another great feature is the heavy-duty self-healing zipper. What is a self-healing zipper you ask? Basically, if your zipper is zipped up and it opens up while the zipper is supposed to be closed. Simply, pull the zipper down and then back up to fix or self-heal the zipper.
Furthermore, the carry tote straps are made of polypropylene and are sewn together with heavy-duty thread. This will ensure the straps won’t separate causing your Dutch oven to crash to the ground.
Finally, the Lodge 12-Inch Dutch Oven Tote Bag Fits standard and deep Dutch ovens up to 12-inches in diameter. This is extra convenient because you won’t have to endlessly search for a bag that will fit your particular Dutch oven. With all that said, let’s look at some pros and cons.
- Will fit all Dutch ovens 12-inches in diameter and under
- Self-healing zipper will prevent having to replace a stripped zipper
- Manufactured with strong, heavy-duty thread which resists ripping
- Prevents scratches, dents, and dust from plaguing your Dutch oven
- Some purchasers felt that this product was not padded enough on the bottom
- A small amount of customer’s reported that the build quality was poor, possibly due to receiving a faulty product
- Some customers were disappointed that this item is made in China
- A small percentage of purchasers felt that this tote was a tight fit, even for a 10-inch Dutch oven
After looking at the pros and cons of this item, we have finally come to our verdict. First, the issues and complaints with this item should NOT be ignored. While these issues are not widely reported and in the minority, they are issues, nonetheless.
With that said, the vast majority of purchasers felt that this product was of great quality and value. And after digging deeper, it’s our opinion that this item will make a great addition to any outdoor outing.
Sale Price:$22.521 , Was:
Deep Fry Dutch Oven Basket
One of the best things about camping or hiking, is the great outdoor meals. Furthermore, some of the most delicious foods are deep fried. And with a deep-fry basket for your Dutch oven, you can create amazing deep fried food as well.
This is why one of our top Dutch oven accessories is the Lodge 9-inch Deep Fry Basket. First of all, you’ll be able to enjoy all of your favorite fried foods out in the beautiful outdoors. Second, this product is incredibly easy to clean and dry until its next use. With that said, let’s see some product features, shall we?
- This product is 9 inches in diameter
- This fry basket is 3.375 inches in depth
- Includes a handy drain hook on the handle
- The black folding handle is great for compact storage
- Manufactured with durable nickel plated steel
- This fry basket will fit all Lodge Dutch Ovens 9 inches in diameter and under
Lodge 9-inch Deep Fry Basket Features:
We feel that the Lodge 9-inch Deep Fry Basket is one of the best Dutch oven accessories for the money. It will allow for some amazing outdoor deep fried meals. So, without further ado, let’s first look at the products dimensions.
This deep-fry basket is 9 inches in diameter and will fit all Lodge Dutch Ovens 9 inches in diameter and under. In fact, you can use this product in any pan that is 9 inches in diameter or less. Also, it’s 3.375 inches deep, so you’ll be able to cook for a large group with ease.
On top of that, the handle includes a handy drain hook so you can easily wash and air-dry your fry basket. Furthermore, the handle folds for easy and convenient storage. Finally, this product is Manufactured with nickel-plated steel for a durable and beautiful finish.
In conclusion, the Lodge 9-inch Deep Fry Basket is a top selling and highly rated product for a reason. But mostly, it’s just a simple, highly practical item that will greatly enhance any outdoor cooking experience. If you are interested in this product and want more information, you can visit Amazon.com today. With that said, we will now take a glance at some product pros and cons.
- The product allows you to easily deep fry in your favorite Dutch oven
- Will fit all Lodge Dutch ovens 9 inches and under
- Folding handle will allow for easy storage
- Draining hook allows for simple air drying
- A small amount of customer’s received the wrong product that did not match the item pictured
- Some customers reported that this product did not fit their Dutch oven very well
- There were some reports of poor build quality
- A small number of customers received damaged products
All in all, we feel this product is a definite top choice. And it should not be ignored. However, the product issues and complaints should also not be ignored. And while these issues are relatively few in numbers, they should be noted, nonetheless.
With that said, it will be up to you to decide whether this product is right for your next camping trip. If you would like more information on this item, you can visit Amazon.com today. So, be sure to check out one of the top Dutch oven accessories available and decide for yourself.
Sale Price:Check on Amazon
One of the biggest issues with cast iron is the clean-up. While it’s pretty easy to simply wash your Dutch oven in plain hot water, there are some problems. For one, if you have a sticky mess on your cooking surface, you’ll need something more than hot water.
Second, if you have hard, dried on food or even surface rust, an ordinary wet towel won’t cut it. This is where a dedicated cast iron scrubber comes into play. And the product we recommend is The Ringer Chainmail Cast Iron Scrubber.
This stainless steel chain mail scrubber is yet another one of our top Dutch oven accessories that are a must buy. So, with that said, let’s get into the features of this top rated product so you can decide for yourself.
- Cast iron scrubber is 8 inches by 6 inches in size
- This product won’t scratch or gouge your cast iron
- This item will be tough on grime but gentle on flavor
- Allows for soap-less, detergent-free grit removal
- All you’ll need is warm water and this scrubber to clean your cast iron cookware
- Works great in addition to cast iron seasoning oil or cast iron conditioner
- This cast iron scrubber is dishwasher safe
- Prevents the need for dirty, bacteria-laden dish sponges
- Proudly made in Canada
The Ringer Chainmail Cast Iron Scrubber Review:
One of the best Dutch oven accessories you can purchase is a product that will help maintain your Dutch oven. And with The Ringer Chainmail Cast Iron Scrubber, it will do just that. So without wasting any more of your time, let’s get into the review.
First of all, this scrubber is 8 by 6 inches in size and can easily clean even the largest Dutch ovens. Furthermore, it won’t scratch or gouge your cooking surface, so you can be assured you won’t ruin your Dutch oven.
Second, this item is very tough on grime but gentle on flavor. So, you won’t add any unwanted taste to your cooking surface and ruining your meals. Plus, you won’t have to use seasoning stripping soaps or detergents. Simply use the scrubber with warm water and you’re on your way.
What’s more, is this product can be used in conjunction with cast iron seasoning oil or cast iron conditioner. This will allow you to continue your current maintenance routine without fear of damaging to your cookware. Plus, you can throw away all of those nasty bacteria-filled sponges.
Finally, The Ringer Chainmail Cast Iron Scrubber is dishwasher safe which is really just icing on the cake. Not to mention, this product is made in Canada, so you know it’s a high-quality and durable product.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a great solution to your cast iron cleaning needs, then look no further. This product will clean your cast iron cookware without destroying the all-important surface seasoning. If you would like, you can visit this item’s product page on Amazon.com for more information.
- Removes surface rust and food grime without adding unwanted flavors
- This product will not scratch or damage your cast iron cookware
- This cast iron scrubber is dishwasher safe
- Throw away all of your dirty, bacteria-ridden dish sponges
- A small percentage of customers received cheap Chinese knockoff products instead of the actual item itself
- Some purchasers reported that this item damaged their cast iron cookware
One of the best Dutch oven accessories you can purchase is a product that maintains and protects your investment. And with The Ringer Chainmail Cast Iron Scrubber, you will be able to achieve just that.
However, there are reports from other customers that this product damaged their cast iron cookware. So, we highly recommend you test this product on a cast iron pan that you don’t care about anymore.
With that said, you’ll ultimately have to decide for yourself. Furthermore, you will have to weigh the pros and cons as well as features to choose.
With that said, it is our opinion that this product will make cleaning your cast iron Dutch oven a breeze. If you have an interest in this product, you can head over to Amazon.com for more information.
Sale Price:$23.991 , Was:
Dutch Oven Table
Another one of our top Dutch oven accessories is the Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table. This handy little tool will allow you to easily serve meals and store other cooking tools. Furthermore, you can easily keep your food and cookware up off the ground, which will definitely help your back.
So why did we choose this particular Dutch oven table? Well, we’ll let the Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table speak for its self. First, let’s start with product features, followed by the pros and cons. Finally, we will share our final verdict on this popular item. So, let’s get into it.
- Product measures 27 inches tall by 38 inches wide
- Manufactured with a Three-sided windscreen to protect your meals
- This product has adjustable and removable legs for storage
- This Dutch oven table will fit (optional) folding side shelves (sold separately)
- Works great with Dutch ovens or legless outdoor stoves and ovens
- This product is large enough to fit two-14 Inch Dutch ovens
Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table Review:
The Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table measures 27 inches tall by 38 inches wide. This allows for easy access to all of your outdoor cooking needs without having to stoop or bend down. Furthermore, the three-sided windscreen will protect your meals from wind and dirt.
Another great feature is the adjustable and removable legs. These will greatly simplify storage and travel issues, as it allows the table to have a smaller footprint. What’s more is the fact that this Dutch oven table will fit (optional) folding side shelves. Of course, these shelves are sold separately, however, they are always an option.
Furthermore, this camping table will work great with Dutch ovens or legless outdoor stoves and ovens. Finally, this product is has a large enough table top to fit two-14 Inch Dutch ovens. This will maximize the number of large meals you’ll be able to create on your outdoor excursions.
In conclusion, the Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table is one of the best Dutch oven accessories available. It offers durability, reliability, and convenience. With that said, you can visit Amazon.com today for more information and current price. So, let’s take a look at some pros and cons of this Dutch oven table.
- Manufactured with adjustable and removable legs for compact storage
- Keeps your Dutch oven and cooking tools up off the ground
- Holds two 14 inch Dutch ovens
- Three-sided windscreen protects your meals from dirt and the wind
- One customer did not receive all of their leg screws
- Some customers felt that at 35 pounds, this table was too heavy
The Camp Chef Dutch Oven Camp Table is a cut above the rest. First, it’s very durable and strong. Second, it will add value to your outdoor cooking adventures. Next, it is a breeze to clean, maintain and store. You really can’t go wrong.
In conclusion, if you believe this product would be a good match for you, then check out Amazon.com today for more information. We know this product will allow you to better enjoy the great outdoors with the ones you care about most.
Sale Price:Out of stock
Dutch Oven Shovel
Whether you use your Dutch oven in a fireplace or a campfire, a proper camp shovel is a must. This why our top choice is the Uniflame 29.5-Inch Crook Handle Fireplace Shovel. This handy little tool will make short work of maneuvering hot coals or wood tinder around.
With that said, let’s take a look at some product features. Then, we’ll share some benefits and issues. Finally, we will give our opinion on this product.
So, without wasting any more of your time, let’s get into the review.
- This shovel is 29.5 Inches in length
- Handy crook handle for easy hanging
- The handle is easy to grip / Durable, heat resistant black finish
Uniflame 29.5-Inch Crook Handle Fireplace Shovel Review:
This handy little shovel should make your Dutch oven cooking a little easier. Furthermore, its length is 29.5 inches, which should ease back pain. What’s more is the fact that the handle is crook, or bent in a way that allows for easy hanging.
This product’s handle is also very easy to grip, so it won’t slip out of your hand. It’s black, wrought-iron heat-resistant finish is built to last. Finally, the Uniflame 29.5-Inch Crook Handle Fireplace Shovel is designed to be both decorative and functional.
- Strong and durable wrought-iron construction
- Black heat-resistant finish
- Designed to easily move and place hot coals in and around your Dutch oven
- Crook handle makes hanging up for storage a breeze
- One customer reported that this shovel catches on fire
- Some customers were not happy that this product is made in China
In our opinion, the Uniflame 29.5-Inch Crook Handle Fireplace Shovel will add value to any Dutch oven experience. It offers durability, quality, and style without sacrificing function. Finally, if you are interested in this campfire shovel, you can find more information over at Amazon.com today.
Long Handled Tongs
If you’re tired of your short, burn inducing tongs then its time to upgrade. Another one of our top Dutch oven accessories is the Outset Extra-Long Locking Stainless Steel Tongs. This handy little cooking tool will not only make Dutch oven cooking more enjoyable, but safer as well.
So, what do you say about getting into the product features? After that, we will share some actual customer reviewed pros and cons. Followed by our final opinion on whether this product is worth a look.
- This product measures 21 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches in size
- The stainless steel construction allows simple cleaning while the rosewood handles prevent burns
- The convenient locking mechanism will fasten these tongs closed for secure storage
- Extra long size will keep your hands away from the cooking surface
- These extra-long tongs offer optimal comfort and control
Outset Extra-Long Locking Stainless Steel Tongs Review:
Very few things will ruin your Dutch oven cooking experience faster than getting burned. And with the Outset Extra-Long Locking Stainless Steel Tongs, burns will be a thing of the past. This is because these extra-long tongs measure 21 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches in size. Which keeps you at a farther distance from the heat source.
What’s more, these tongs offer durable construction. Plus, the stainless steel construction offers simple cleaning while the rosewood handles prevent burns and resist heat. On top of that, the included locking mechanism will secure your tongs and keep them closed.
Finally, the Outset Extra-Long Locking Stainless Steel Tongs allow for superior control of your ingredients. Furthermore, they are also comfortable and ergonomic which will help prevent blisters and calluses.
In conclusion, these extra-long tongs will prevent burns while keeping you in control of your meals. If you are in the market for a pair, you can visit Amazon.com for more info. With that said, let’s take a look at some pros and con of this product.
- Reduce the chance of burns with the extra-long reach of these tongs
- Decorative yet functional Rosewood handles resist heat
- Convenient locking mechanism ensures a secure storage solution
- Works great with indoor or outdoor cooking
- A small number of customers were unhappy that this item is manufactured in China
- Some customers received a damaged product and returned for a replacement
- A handful of purchasers received the wrong product
In our opinion, these extra-Long Locking Stainless Steel Tongs will make a great addition to any Dutch oven enthusiast. Furthermore, these tongs will offer safety as well as great control of your ingredients. With that said, if you would like, you can visit Amazon.com for more information.
Chimney Charcoal Starter
One of the issues with outdoor grilling and Dutch oven cooking is keeping your charcoal red hot. Furthermore, just lighting and starting your charcoal can be difficult enough. So, how do we solve this issue?
This issue can easily be solved by using a charcoal starter, like the Weber Rapidfire Chimney Charcoal Starter. So, how do you use this product? Well, it’s quite simple really. First, load the canister full of coals. Second, place tinder or crinkled-up paper on top of the charcoal. Finally, set the canister over an open flame. And within no time, the coals will be red hot.
So, today we will be reviewing one of the most convenient Dutch oven accessories you can buy. It will not only make your Dutch oven cooking more convenient, but also a lot safer. With that said, let’s start with some key product features.
- This chimney starter will light charcoal quickly and evenly
- Made from aluminized steel with a stay-cool thermoplastic handle
- Holds enough briquettes for a 22-1/2-inch kettle or grill
- The convenient cone-shaped bottom ensures fast igniting
- This charcoal starter eliminates the need for lighter fluid
- This product measures 7-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 12 inches in size
Weber Rapidfire Chimney Charcoal Starter Review:
One of the characteristics that need to be present in a top quality charcoal starter is ease of use. And the Weber Chimney charcoal starter definitely possesses this quality. This product not only heats up charcoal briquettes faster but is also incredibly easy to use.
What’s more, is this product is durable yet lightweight. This is because its body is made from aluminized steel with a stay-cool thermoplastic handle. Therefore, you can be sure that this charcoal starter will last longer than the competition.
As for capacity, this product is no slouch in that department either. It will hold enough briquettes for a 22-1/2-inch Dutch oven or grill. This ensures that you won’t have to heat your charcoal in stages over and over again.
On top of that, the convenient cone-shaped bottom ensures fast and safe igniting. Plus this product totally eliminates the need for smelly and dangerous lighter fluid. Finally, this charcoal starter measures 7-1/2 by 7-1/2 by 12 inches in size. So you know it can handle any size job with ease.
In conclusion, the Weber Chimney charcoal starter will make any Dutch oven user happy. This product is definitely a step ahead of the competition. With that, we’ll now move on to some pros and cons of this product.
- Easily ignites charcoal safely and quickly
- No need to use lighter fluid
- Made from durable, heat-resistant aluminum
- Large capacity holds enough hot charcoal for a 22-1/2-inch kettle or grill
- Some customers reported that this item did not hold enough hot coals and is too small
- A small percentage of customers felt that the quality could be improved
- There are reports of the handle getting too hot
So, there you have it. Our review of the Weber Chimney charcoal starter. This product is a top rated, top selling product for good reason. Furthermore, it will make your outdoor cooking easier, safer, and much more enjoyable. With that said, if you are interested in this product, you can visit Amazon.com today, for more information.
Sale Price:$16.991 , Was:
Dutch Oven Meat Trivet
One of the best Dutch oven accessories that you can purchase is a cast-iron meat trivet. This convenient little Dutch oven tool will allow for perfectly seared meats and golden brown pie crusts. All this without burning or charring your food.
This brings us to our top choice, the Lodge 8-inch Cast Iron Dutch Oven Meat Trivet. And in this review, we will first share this products top key features. Second, we will take a look at customer reports on benefits and issues. Finally, we will offer our final verdict on this meat trivet. So, let’s begin with the key features.
- This 8-inch cast-iron meat rack/trivet is designed for all Lodge Dutch ovens 4 quarts or larger
- Raises meats, pies, and other foods off the bottom of the pan to prevent burning and improve browning
- This meat rack/trivet can be used in the oven, on stovetops and even with campfires
- Cast iron is unparalleled in heat retention, making this meat trivet a top choice
- Pre-seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with each use
- Easy to maintain, simply hand wash, dry, and then rub with cooking oil
- Made in the USA
Lodge 8-inch Cast Iron Dutch Oven Meat Trivet Review:
The Lodge 8-inch Cast Iron Dutch Oven Meat Trivet is designed for all Lodge Dutch ovens 4 quarts or larger. Furthermore, this trivet will raise your food off the bottom of the pan to prevent charring and improve browning.
On top of that, it can be conveniently used in the oven, on stovetops and even with campfires. This makes it perfect to take on your favorite camping or hiking trip. What’s more is the fact that cast iron offers superior heat retention properties. This makes the Lodge 8-inch meat trivet the best choice.
Moreover, the pre-seasoned cooking surface offers a natural, easy-release finish that will improve with every meal. And speaking of easy-release, this meat trivet is incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
First, hand-wash the trivet in hot water. Second, hand-dry with a clean towel. Next, rub the trivet with a cooking oil of your choice. Finally, repeat these steps after every meal, making sure to re-season before and after every use. Not to mention, this product is proudly made in the United States.
In conclusion, the Lodge 8-inch Cast Iron Dutch Oven Meat Trivet will significantly change the way you cook. Such as, when you sear meats or bake pies, a perfectly browned steak or pie crust is almost guaranteed. With that said, let’s move on to some benefits and issues, shall we?
- This meat trivet will sear meats or bake pies without burning or charring
- Pre-seasoned with cooking oil for simple and quick food release
- Fits all Lodge Dutch ovens 4 quarts and 8 inches in size or larger
- Proudly made in the USA
- There are reports of customers receiving broken or defective products
- Some customers were disappointed that this trivet did not have raised legs to separate the food from its drippings
- There were some reports of rusting after only a few uses
In conclusion, the Lodge 8-inch Cast Iron Meat Trivet is one of the top Dutch oven accessories around. Moreover, it offers a real solution to an issue that has plagued Dutch ovens ever since its inception. So, if you would like more information on this product, you can visit Amazon.com for product comparisons and current pricing.
Sale Price:$9.711 , Was:
Dutch Oven Accessories Conclusion
Phew, well that was a mouthful. We know this was a rather large Dutch oven accessories list. And we would like to thank you for taking the time to read our article. Furthermore, we hope you gained some insight and valuable information in order to make a more educated decision.
With that said, if you would like some tips on how to clean your cast iron Dutch oven, you can click here.
Likewise, if you are interested in learning how to clean an enameled cast iron Dutch oven, then please click here.
And remember, for a more condensed list, you can visit our article on the top Dutch Oven Equipment for outdoor use. And if you are interested in 10 more great Dutch oven products, then check out our article on the 10 Best Dutch Oven Cooking Supplies.
Once again, thank you very much for your time. We hope you have found some value in our product review list, and as always, please take care.