There are no shortages of Dutch oven sizes, materials, and colors to choose from. And the Lodge 8 Qt Dutch Oven is a top selling product that we will be talking about today.
There are stainless steel, ceramic, cast iron, and porcelain coated cast iron types. Not to mention every color of the rainbow and then some.
You now have one heck of a task at hand. How do you choose the right one? What if you want to cook outdoors while camping or hiking?. In this article, we aim to help you with just that.
Introducing the Lodge 8 Qt Dutch Oven. We have not only chosen our top pick for the best Dutch ovens, but we will also give you our top 3 reasons why this fantastic piece of cookware beats the competition. The product we have chosen is the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart.
Without a doubt, this little workhorse will definitely enhance any outdoor experience. Now, let’s take a deeper look at why this Dutch oven is our top choice for camping and outdoor use.
Lodge 8 Qt Dutch Oven Key Factors:
Without a doubt, durability is definitely high on the list of qualities you want when searching for an outdoor Dutch oven. The Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart Dutch oven makes no compromises when it comes to durability and longevity. From its high quality cast iron body, to the pre-seasoned cooking surface, this Dutch oven is a must-have piece of cookware.
When going on outdoor adventures the last thing you want to worry about is if your Dutch oven can take the abuse of outdoor living. The excellent heat retention of cast iron will ensure that it will heat up to the desired temperature and stay hot. There is no question that this Dutch oven is definitely up to any task you can throw at it.
Dutch ovens have always been synonymous with versatility and convenience. From the stovetop to the oven and back out to the campfire, the possibilities are near endless. With the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart Dutch oven, those facts are no different. You can place it directly on top of a campfire or hang it over one with a cooking stand. The built-in cast iron legs allow for much-needed space between the Dutch oven and the open heat source outdoors.
If you would like to take this Dutch oven indoors and into the oven, simply use a cookie sheet for a smooth surface for its legs. The included matching cast iron lid can hold hot coals or stones on top for added heat retention. On top of that, the lid doubles as a griddle when flipped over. With all of these added features, you can be sure you are getting a quality and versatile piece of cookware.
All of the quality materials and amazing features won’t mean much if this Dutch oven was priced too high. Lucky for you, the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart Dutch Oven is priced under $60. For a product, so feature rich and well constructed, you really can’t go wrong with this Dutch oven.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven Product Features:
- 8 QT. DEEP CAMP DUTCH OVEN. The Lodge portable “camp stove” is the pot that does it all. The flanged lid holds hot coals and inverts for use as a griddle. The integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over the campfire
- PRE-SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge provides pre-seasoned cookware with no synthetic chemicals; just soy-based vegetable oil. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning becomes
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high-quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility
- CAMP COOKING 101. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories. Whether you’re roasting a chicken in the oven or cooking chili over the campfire, Lodge has you covered with the included Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook
- FAMILY-OWNED. The Lodge Company is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America
- This Dutch oven will last for years because of its durable construction
- Proudly made in the USA
- Can be used in firepits and fireplaces
- Easy to care for, simply wash with hot water and re-season with cooking oil after hand drying
- A small percentage of customers reported cracking of the Dutch oven
- This product is on the heavy side, however, that is because of its durable construction
Product Review Conclusion:
As you can see, the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven is a high-quality piece of cookware. Not only can you use it indoors on your stovetop or oven, but you can also use it outdoors in fire pits and fireplaces. The link will also recommend the best place to purchase.
Sale Price:$64.001 , Was:
Lodge 8 Qt Dutch Oven Conclusion:
At the end of the day, what really matters is family and friends and the ones closest to you. Why stress over finding the right piece of outdoor cookware. The Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart Dutch Oven will make any outdoor party, get-together, family reunion, or camping trip, truly complete.
This will allow you to focus on the more important things in life. We hope this article was useful in helping you better choose the right Lodge 8 Qt Dutch Oven. If you are interested, you can view our article on Dutch Ovens For Camping for more information on camping and Dutch ovens.