It can be tough to find the right high-quality outdoor camping dutch oven for your more adventurous cooking needs. This is where the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven comes in.
With so many products on the market, which one would fit your outdoor needs best? We have always been huge fans of the Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Company.
For over 100 years they have been at the forefront of indoor cookware and their outdoor cookware offerings are no exception.
What features should you look for? Is cast-iron a suitable material to cook with outdoors? We will answer all those questions and more in this product review.
If you are in a rush and would just like to purchase this product, you can go to Amazon.com right now. If you scroll down you will find our in-depth discussion of its benefits as well as it’s drawbacks and even look at some actual customer review issues.
It is our hope that you will come away from this product review with a better understanding of this item and if it is worth a purchase. Let the reviewing begin.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven Features Overview:
- This 8-Quart 5.5 inches deep, 12-inch diameter cast iron dutch oven is also a portable camp stove.
- The flanged lid doubles as a griddle and holds hot coals when inverted
- The integrated legs allow this dutch oven to sit directly over campfires
- Sturdy heavy gauge handle is great for hanging over a fire or for transporting to other locations
- The product comes pre-seasoned from the factory with soy-based vegetable oil
- The product comes with Camp Dutch Oven Cooking 101 cookbook
- Made in the USA since 1896
If we had to summarize this product in only a brief paragraph, we would have to say it is a MUST buy. The fact that it will complete any outdoor cooking experience is reason enough to take a closer look at this amazing product.
There really is no better material to cook with outdoors than with Cast Iron. It’s sheer versatility and quality put this product in a league of its own.
It can be used both indoors and outdoors with a nearly endless supply of recipes that you can create. If you do not want to read our full review and have made up your mind.
Then you can purchase the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven at Amazon.com right now.
Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven Review:
The minute you lay eyes on this dutch oven you instantly know that it was made for outdoor use. The high quality cast iron is near non-stick and is pre-seasoned with non-chemical soy-based vegetable oil.
It measures 12 inches in diameter and is 5.5 inches deep with a capacity of 8-Quarts. With its large size, you can cook large meals for family and friends with ease. The uniquely designed lid also doubles as a handy griddle for eggs, bacon and even pancakes.
The integrated molded cast iron legs will definitely come in handy when placing over a campfire and this dutch oven can even be used in the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit if you place a baking sheet underneath. The built-in heavy gauge wire handle will allow for hanging over hot coals or for easy transport.
This product comes with a handy Outdoor Camping Dutch Oven Cooking 101 Recipe Cookbook that will give you an amazing amount of ideas and inspiration for your next outdoor get-together.
It is perfect for oven use as well as on the stove, on the grill or over an open flame outdoors. The included Skillet lid may be used on a number of heat sources such as electric, induction, and gas cooktops.
Overall, this Dutch oven is an extremely flexible and high-quality piece of cookware. We simply can not recommend this Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart product enough.
As you can see we highly recommend this product, but don’t just take our word for it. We will now look at what other customers thought about this dutch oven. Everything from the overall rating to the feedback left by customers, both positive and negative. Let’s get started, shall we?
Overall Product Rating:
This camping dutch oven received an extremely high rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. Clearly, this item impressed a lot of customers and remains a top seller 14 years after hitting the market.
We will now take a look at the pros and cons of this Dutch oven which we hope will give you more confidence when choosing a dutch oven whether it’s this model or another similar one. Let’s start with the major pros.
- This Product is pre-seasoned from the factory, like most modern cast iron cookware
- Near non-stick surface allows for easy cooking, cleanup, and maintenance
- Included double use griddle lid makes outdoor cooking a breeze
- Very tough and if taken care of will last generations to come
- A small number of customers have reported that the included lid on their dutch oven did not fit correctly from the factory and had to be replaced
- Product MUST be hand washed without soap and scrubbed with nylon scrubbers or soft sponges
- Some customers have reported their product was shipped cracked, a replacement was promptly sent out to the customers
- Customers have noted that at 20 pounds this item is heavy compared to other Dutch ovens
So there you have it, our review of the Lodge Seasoned Cast Iron Deep Camp Dutch Oven – 12 Inch / 8 Quart.
There are some definite disadvantages and some issues have been reported. Though they have been reported in very low numbers you should still be aware of them.
This will explain more in-depth of the benefits of using this product outdoors. If you are planning an outdoor family trip or expedition than you really need this dutch oven. The combination of high-quality craftsmanship as well as it’s near limitless uses makes this product a definite winner.
Buy it Today:
We hope this review was helpful in your quest for an outdoor dutch oven. We know you are extremely busy and the mere fact you landed on this site and stayed to read our review is very humbling.
If you are interested in owning this wonderful piece of cookware you can purchase at Amazon.com now. Thank you very much for your time and as always please take care.